We unite our shelters and clinics in a statewide mission to save the lives of dogs and cats in shelters, inspire collaborative action, and engage the hearts, hands, and minds of our communities so Florida serves as a national leader in lifesaving.
Help at Home: We help the animals in Florida before importing animals from out of state.
Active Service: We act and facilitate change in ways consistent with our strategy.
Give and Receive: We support the collective good of our state’s shelters and should offer others assistance where we have abundance.
Inclusive and Positive: We welcome any brick-and-mortar shelter or clinic organization that is a positive agent for increasing lifesaving, regardless of prior or current performance.
Progress Not Perfection: We mentor struggling organizations and provide continuous support, acknowledging that even the smallest step towards progress is preferred to no progress at all.
- Improve Florida’s national lifesaving rank (currently 46th/50).
- Unite every animal welfare organization in the state.
- Leverage our collective resources to fill lifesaving gaps.
- Serve as a model for state-level collaboration.
- Develop strategies using data that will have the greatest sustainable impact on lifesaving.
- Build models for sheltering programs that can be scaled, modified and applied at different organizations to streamline lifesaving efforts.
- Connect members with one another to strengthen skills, relationships, and resources.
- Share information with communities about the need and availability of resources for pet care through media and business partnerships.